Passsive Methods to Fight Climate Change
I spent some time wondering what exactly I wanted to write about today on my beloved paperless blog. It did not come easily to me as I was having one of those lazy days. I had barely left my bed to do much of anything. I was just not having it. All I wanted to do was sleep… or more accurately, hibernate. I scrolled through social media on my phone, ate some food and just basically rolled about on the bed under the covers. Then it hit me! An epiphany, if you like. As I examined my own lazy unmotivated morning, I realized that a major reason why people do not make energy-conscious decisions, or decide to be more eco-friendly or help save the planet is because they are just too lazy to bother. They reason that it takes way too much time and effort that they are not willing to expend. Okay, maybe, it was not much of an epiphany, but it was an angle for me to work with on today’s blog. So, I put my fingers to keyboard and began.
Technology Can Help or Hinder Climate Change
I have noticed a trend in today’s world- we are lazier than our predecessors. Technology has contributed immensely to making us that way. We live in a world where we generally do not need to leave our rooms to get a book because we can find an e-copy, or “inconvenience” ourselves to get food because we can just order it, and we don’t even have to dial phone numbers or even text with our fingers, we can do it by audio(does hey siri/google now sound familiar to you). Don’t get me wrong. I live for the easy life so I definitely feel I was made for this age. It has its perks and merits, so to speak. However, I do also feel that this technology-driven-and-assisted age has made us foot-loose and careless with our planet. I’m all for putting in our best to save the planet- after all it is our home. BUT, we humans do get lazy and maybe you, dear reader, cannot do it all- especially at first. But you can practice easy, lazy habits that would actually make a positive impact in our ecosystem in the long run. That is much better than not being involved at all.
So, here is the lazy guide to stopping global warming:
- Replace Regular Incandescent Light bulb: You can replace them with compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs. They consume 70% less energy than ordinary bulbs and have longer lifetime; also, they are inexpensive and easy to set up.
- Reduce Waste: Landfills are the major contributors of methane and other greenhouse gases. By simply reusing your items e.g plastic bottles, containers or by recycling old materials, you can significantly reduce your carbon footprint without so much work.
- Use less Hot Water: Avoid washing clothes in hot water, instead do so in cold or warm water. Avoid taking frequent showers and use less hot water. This helps in saving energy require to produce that energy. Easy!
- Turn off the lights: Seriously, this is one of the easiest ways of conserving energy.
- Turn off electronic devices e.g computers when they’re not in use(you know you should anyway. Sleep/hibernate is simply not enough)
- Conserve Water: You can do this by taking showers instead of baths, for instance, that alone takes 25% less water. Also, take shorter showers. 5 mins is enough!
- Go paperless! Using efficient applications like Signtech, you can easily transform your whole office area into a paperless atmosphere. This reduces the number of trees cut down significantly!
- Spread the Awareness: Hear ye, hear ye, you would only have yourself to blame if you do not spread the word to your friends, colleagues, family members and fellow countrymen (that just sounded cool to say). The reality of Global warming is as true as the sky is blue(just trying to be poetic here).
I really implore you to imbibe these practices that I have aforementioned. Stop thinking that enough people are putting in the work for our planet because that is simply untrue! We ALL need to get involved in this, if not in the grandiose ways, in some lazy practices at first and then work our way up towards the bigger things. “Little drops of water, little grains of sand make the mighty oceans and the plenteous land”.
SignTech Forms is an innovative paperless platform that converts existing forms and documents into paperless forms that can be completed on mobile devices and electronically signed seamlessly (with full data integration). For more information visit www.signtechforms.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
5 Top iPhone Hacks -Learn These tips and
Read how making little changes to your morning
Improve the efficiency of your business by going