Some Interesting Facts About Paper
If I’m being honest, which I am 10% of the time- haha just kidding! 90% of the time I’m honest with you. Anywhoo, like I said: if I’m being honest, I never thought working on something so focused on going paperless, or about paper would be so interesting. You think paper, you think office 9-5 boring job, not awesome cool blogger chick writing her heart away which the birds and butterflies keep her muse (this is the 10%).
Everyday in the US- papermakers recycle enough paper to fill a fifteen (15) mile long train of boxcars. That’s a whole lot. It give me hope that we can still fix this paper problem.
Ten Unbelievable Facts About Paper
- AF & PA member companies use of recovered fiber results in in avoided green house emissions of over 18.5 million metric tonnes of CO2. That’s simply amazing!
- Paper is almost 2000 years old. That’s almost as old as Christianity itself!
- Paper was invented by the Chinese about 105 A.D. and was kept a secret for quite a number of years.
- The largest sheet of handmade paper was made by Masaki Takahashi and Kazuki Maeda in Toyama, Japan on 19th August 2009 (this is from the Guinness world records).
- Origami, that is the art of paper folding was developed in the 17th century and became more popular in the rest of the world in the 1900s.
- Every tonne of paper that gets recycled saves 20 trees, three cubic yeards of landfill space, 7000 gallons of water and produces 73% less air pollution than making paper from new materials. It also save enough energy to power the average home for 6 months
- Not all paper is made from wood, some are made from scraps of cloth pieces, and the banknotes are made from cotton fibre (making them more durable than regular paper)
- A paper bag takes twice the amount of energy to make than a plastic bag.
- Almost half (42%) of global wood harvest becomes paper. Think… about just how many trees we could save if we all went paperless!
- So there you have it. Some of the interesting things that I know about paper, and you should too.
SignTech is an innovative paperless platform that creates forms and documents for full completion, signing and integration. For more information visit http://www.signtechforms.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5 Top iPhone Hacks -Learn These tips and
Read how making little changes to your morning
Improve the efficiency of your business by going