The Superfood Benefits of Pecan Nuts
Okay, so I have this weird hobby, where I find (more like “rummage for”) pecan nuts, a superfood that has numerous health benefits, hunt for it at the grocery store, and start eating it. All this I do in the quest of adding better foods to my diet, to balance out the not-so-good ones (darn you, white bread).
Recently, I found a couple of articles online that enumerated the many many health benefits of pecan nuts! Who would have known? Definitely going to add this nutty goodness to my diet. Anyways, because I am an amazing person, I decided to share what I learnt from this site with you guys, so that you can also benefit from it. You are welcome!
Pecans resemble walnuts in shape, and these tree nuts are loaded with antioxidants, fibre and vitamins, and they make for a quick and healthy snack. They can also be added to loads of pastries like cupcakes, or to fruit juices or oatmeal. According to thehealthsite.com.
Here’s Why You Need to Buy Pecans the Next Time You go Grocery Shopping:
- Lowers LDL cholesterol: As pecans are tree nuts, they are full of polyunsaturated fatty acids (omega-3fatty acids and omega-6 fatty acids), which show an improve lipid profile by lowering LDL cholesterol levels. Moreover, intake of these nuts lower the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Increases antioxidant activity: The antioxidant activity of pecans is due to the presence of tocopherols and flavanols, plant antioxidants. Hence, including pecans in the diet not only fights free radicals but also lowers oxidative stress.
- Fights infections: Pecans are packed with polyphenols, which are anti-inflammatory and antiviral in nature. Hence, including these nuts in your diet can protect against chronic diseases and viral infections.
- Helps you to meet RDA of fibre: 28 grams of pecans provides you 2.7 grams of dietary fibre, which accounts to 11% RDA (recommended dietary allowance). Hence, snacking on this nut not only helps with bowel movement but also aids in digestion.
- Maintains magnesium levels in the body: Did you know magnesium improves bone mineral density and also regulates your blood pressure? Hence, to meet your magnesium requirement for the day, you can add pecans in your diet.
You might not have understood a lot of the chemical mumbo jumbo explained. However, simply put. Pecan nuts are great for you. Add them to your diet, give them as a snack in your offices and homes. Those little suckers are power packed. And, they taste pretty good too! Don’t just take my word for it, try them for yourself 😉
SignTech Forms is an innovative paperless platform that converts existing forms and documents into paperless forms that can be completed on mobile devices and electronically signed seamlessly (with full data integration). For more information visit http://www.signtechforms.com or email email@example.com.
5 Top iPhone Hacks -Learn These tips and
Read how making little changes to your morning
Improve the efficiency of your business by going