Try Our Low-Cost Air-Con Solution
In these hot summer months, hardly anyone would argue that air conditioners are one of the best things to happen upon mankind. And, if you are like me, and are currently at a place that is experiencing an extremely sweltering summer, you’d agree it’s quite hard to not switch on the air conditioner. But the downside of that is it increases your electricity bills, and it’s so not ecofriendly.
Fortunately, I found this great hack online to design an airconditioner from plastic bottles and a fan that I just had to share with my paperless readers. If you’re felling very DIY-y, you should definitely try to do it yourself. It’s cheap, easy to create, cost efficient and more ecofriendly than an air conditioner. Plus, I hear it actually cools really well too.
Make Your Own Air Conditioner
First things first, here’s what you’d need to make a home Air Con device:
- Two 16-to-20-ounce plastic bottles
- Precision knife
- Handheld tapered reamer (or drill bit made to cut through plastic)
- Medium-sized fan
- Thin metal wire
- Ice cubes
Instructions For Eco Freindlt Air Conditioner
(gotten from http://tiphero.com/diy-bottle-air-conditioner/):
- Grab your precision knife and carefully circle it around about 150-degrees, roughly 1-inch up from the base of the bottle. Be sure that you don’t cut the entire bottom off! A small piece of plastic should still be keeping the lower part attached.
- Take your handheld tapered reamer, or drill bit made for plastic, and hold it up to a warming device. Once hot, start drilling small holes into the sides of the bottle, starting from just above the base cut, all the way up to the mid-section. Each hole should be about one quarter-inch apart from the next.
- Repeat steps one and two with the second plastic bottle.
- Secure your bottles on either side of your fan by twisting the metal wire through any holes at the base area and ridged portion, just below the cap. Each of the bottles should be upside down, with the top facing the floor. Fasten the end of the wire with pliers, if necessary.
- Load ice cubes into your plastic bottles from the opening in each base. Don’t stop until each one is filled to the very top!
- Once complete, turn on the fan, and delight in that icy cool air!
If you want to do this hack, and still need a little more guidance, watch this instructional video on youtube
SignTech Forms is an innovative paperless platform that converts existing forms and documents into paperless forms that can be completed on mobile devices and electronically signed seamlessly (with full data integration). For more information visit www.signtechforms.com or email email@example.com
5 Top iPhone Hacks -Learn These tips and
Read how making little changes to your morning
Improve the efficiency of your business by going