What are Some Current Facts About Global Warming?
1. Global warming refers to the long-term increase in Earth’s average surface temperature due to human activities, primarily the burning of fossil fuels and deforestation.
2. The Earth’s average surface temperature has risen by about 1 degree Celsius since the late 19th century, with the majority of this increase occurring in the past few decades.
3. The increase in global temperature is causing changes in weather patterns, including more frequent and intense heatwaves, droughts, and heavy rainfall events.
4. The melting of polar ice caps and glaciers is contributing to rising sea levels, which pose a threat to coastal communities and ecosystems.
5. Climate change is leading to the loss of biodiversity, as many species struggle to adapt to rapidly changing conditions.
6. The burning of fossil fuels releases greenhouse gases, such as carbon dioxide, into the atmosphere, which trap heat and contribute to global warming.
7. The impacts of global warming are not evenly distributed, with vulnerable populations, such as those in low-lying coastal areas and developing countries, being disproportionately affected.
8. Mitigating global warming requires reducing greenhouse gas emissions, transitioning to renewable energy sources, and adopting sustainable practices in agriculture, transportation, and industry.
9. The scientific consensus is that global warming is primarily caused by human activities and that urgent action is needed to mitigate its impacts and prevent further damage to the planet.
10. Addressing global warming is not only crucial for the health and well-being of current and future generations but also for the preservation of Earth’s ecosystems and biodiversity.
People’s Attitude to Global Warming?
Recently I posted an article on the Paperless blog about how to my surprise, a friend, a young friend thought that global warming was a myth.
Well as I delved further and further into research about this I was astounded to find that not just my friend, but so many people, (that is actually a popular thought) believe that global warming is a myth.
This thought isn’t just confided to the minds of average individuals who know not much past the high school basics of science but scholars, and renowned scientist unfortunately share in the belief of global warming as a myth.
So lets suppose that global warming is a myth. Lets say that, everything is some massive propaganda to control our economy and our actions, leaving us in fear of the future.
Global warming may be a myth. But climate change is not. It’s everywhere. We cannot compare planet earth from 100 years ago to the planet earth that we see today. Our world has become something of a fixer upper.
We have solid proof that the icecaps are melting. There are more earthquakes, tsunamis and volcano in the world today than it was 100 years ago, or even more. Something is happening to the planet. Maybe it’s not “Global warming” but its not nothing either. Call it climate change, the end of the world, whatever you want. Just remember that we have proof of these problems and we have solutions of how to solve these problems, simple steps that we as average individuals can take to help slow down the deterioration of planet earth for the future generations to come.
According to the US Global Change Research Programme:
“Climate-related changes have already been observed globally and in the United States. These include increases in air and water temperatures, reduced frost days, increased frequency and intensity of heavy downpours, a rise in sea level, and reduced snow cover, glaciers, permafrost, and sea ice. A longer ice-free period on lakes and rivers, lengthening of the growing season, and increased water vapor in the atmosphere has also been observed. Over the past 30 years, temperatures have risen faster in winter than in any other season, with average winter temperatures in the Midwest and northern Great Plains increasing more than 7°F. Some of the changes have been faster than previous assessments had suggested.”
Deep down you know that this isn’t all propaganda.
I wrote this article for you, people who have doubts in their hearts that Global Warming is real. People who fail to see just how much of a crisis our planet is in; people who don’t see the importance of going paperless or recycling. Don’t close your eyes to the facts. Our climate is changing and in turn we have to change our habits too. Companies, corporations, governments, and most importantly individuals like you and I.
Remember, SignTech is part of that change. We wish to be what your company looks to for solutions of how to save funds, time, paper and the planet. Going paperless is just one of the many ways we can make a difference.
Never underestimate the power of small changes.
All is one and one is all.
I know you Full Metal Alchemists will get that.
SignTech is an innovative paperless platform that creates forms and documents for full completion, signing and integration. For more information visit http://www.signtechforms.com or email email@example.com.
5 Top iPhone Hacks -Learn These tips and
Read how making little changes to your morning
Improve the efficiency of your business by going